They say that leaders aren’t made, but at Toastmasters, they are.
The majority of CEO’s in Fortune 500 companies today have said that “good communication skills” helped them get to the top.
Toastmasters is about more than just communications skills, though. Our educational program helps improve your listening, leadership, facilitation and critical thinking skills too.
Everyone gets something different out of Toastmasters — that’s the strength of the program. Participants can learn a variety of skills, including how to:
- Organize and lead an efficient meeting
- Develop professional presentations
- Move and/or persuade an audience
- Give impromptu talks with confidence
- Improve listening and non-verbal communications skills
- Improve vocabulary
- Learn how to evaluate others constructively
Toastmasters isn’t just for business people. We’ve had people from a variety of walks of life come through our doors:
- Office workers who want to learn how to speak up at meetings
- Salespeople who want to become better at thinking on their feet
- Nurses and doctors who want to become better at making presentations during rounds
- Politicians who want to become better public speakers
- Retirees who want to build their confidence and meet new people
No matter who you are or what you do, better communications skills help you build confidence, develop better relationships and enhance your credibility.
Whether you’re trying to hone your skills for a job interview, are getting ready to deliver a toast at a family wedding, or are trying to become more comfortable speaking up at the office, the Toastmasters program has something for you. And the price of an annual membership is less than the cost of a most one-day professional development seminars.
Meetings are held Monday evenings (except holidays) from 7:00 pm – 8:30pm at 896 Riverside Drive, Building C., Timmins, ONTARIO